Women mostly hate weak and damaged nails. These nails easily break or break, causing uncomfortable problems. Fortunately, however, there is a way to treat nails at home!
Today, this article introduces 7 home remedies to strengthen weak nails. Beautiful nails stand out at any moment. But weak, cracked nails are the worst nightmare for women.
Nails can be weakened by a variety of problems, including continued use of a nail polish remover, excessive exposure to water, hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism, psoriasis, lung problems, anemia, and fungal infections .
Whatever the reason, weak nails easily break and break, causing discomfort all the time. Fortunately, however, there are ways to treat these nails at home.
7 Natural Ingredients to strengthen weak nails
1.Vitamin E oil
Nails often become weak due to dehydration. At this time , using vitamin E oil to maintain moisture can nourish your nails and strengthen your nails.
- Extract oil from vitamin E capsules.
- Apply this oil to your nails.
- Massage gently to aid circulation.
- Repeat for 2-3 weeks each day for improvement .
Alternatively, vitamin E capsules may be taken orally. For best results, it is a good idea to use this treatment before going to bed.
2. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is also a good home remedy for strengthening nails . This oil contains saturated fats that hydrate the nails and protect them from infection.
- Apply warm coconut oil directly to your nails and gently massage for 5 minutes.
- This will improve blood circulation under the nail .
- Use coconut oil 2-3 times a day.
3. Apple cider vinegar
Among other natural remedies, apple cider vinegar is particularly effective for fragile nails. This is because it contains rich nutrients such as iron, calcium, vitamins, potassium, and magnesium . Apple cider vinegar also contains acetic acid and malic acid, which prevent nail infections.
- Mix the same amount of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Soak your nails in this mixture for a few minutes.
- Immediately after that, gently cut out the cuticle.
- This treatment is done for 5 days to strengthen the nails .
4. Lemon juice
Lemon juice strengthens the nails and makes them shine.
- Use a cotton swab to apply lemon juice to your nails and wear gloves overnight.
5. Olive oil
Warm oil can improve nail condition and texture.
- Mix the same amount of jojoba oil and olive oil.
- Heat until oil is warm.
- Dip a small cotton swab into the mixture and apply it to your nails.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes so that the oil can seep into your nails and supply nutrients.
6. Egg yolk
If your nails break because of dryness, egg yolk is the best remedy.
- Massage the nails for 2 minutes using egg yolks.
- Rinse with clean water.
7. Orange juice
Orange juice contains folic acid, which is essential for nail growth .
- Extract fresh orange juice.
- Soak your nails in juice for 10 minutes .
- Wash off with warm water.
- Pat your nails lightly and apply a moisturizer.
*Other Additional Habits to make weak nails stronger
- Eat foods rich in biotin , such as whole grains, eggs, tomatoes, almonds, cauliflower, lentils, strawberries, beans, and milk . Alternatively, a biotin supplement may be used after consulting a doctor.
- Eat protein-rich foods such as fish, poultry , beef, pork, seeds, nuts, spinach and other vegetables . You can also replenish this nutrient by drinking protein shakes.
- Exercise regularly to maintain healthy blood circulation . This will help your nails grow stronger and grow faster.
- Keep your nails short to reduce surface area . By doing so, you can make your nails absorb less water and chemicals.
- Choose a good brand nail polish remover.
- To absorb vitamin D , expose your nails to sunlight for several minutes each day.
- Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.
- To prevent infection, do not remove the cuticle, but push it back.
- Use cuticle cream to keep it moisturized.
- Regularly trim your nails to avoid cracks and dead skin cells.
- Wear gloves when you need to come in contact with water, detergent or chemicals .
*Things NOT To Do
- Avoid overexposure to your hands .
- Do not use nail polish removers that contain strong chemicals such as acetone and formaldehyde.
- Do not use artificial nails as they can lead to infection.
- Do not use alcohol-based hand sanitizers as they can dry your nails.
- Do not bite or tear off your nails. Also, avoid scratching your nails.
- Don’t use too many nail polish removers.
If you enjoyed the post, give me likes, shares and subscribes!